Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Midsomer Norton Cricket Club

I've just noticed I haven't mentioned our gig at the Prom a couple of weeks ago - not a deliberate omission, I was away for a week or so & forgot all about it. As far as I can remember it was a perfectly decent gig, as they tend to be in there, but feel free to disagree as my memory's not what it was. Also, my memory's not what it was.
And so to Midsomer Norton Cricket Club, an odd little venue for us, and thanks to that day's match being cancelled, a distinctly empty one too. Never mind, the (very apologetic) people who did show up liked us, so we didn't really need the cricket boxes & shinpads. And we even got a free pint & a burger at halftime - result! And I was relieved (though secretly a little disappointed) that no-one attempted to tamper with our balls.
We'll be back on Sunday 24th August though, for their music all-dayer (top of the bill: Suzi Quatro & the Wurzels - seperately, I assume), which should be a good 'un. Last time we supported the Wurzels was at the Cheese & Grain in Frome a few years back, and I still remember their roadie's reply to our query about the length of their set: "They only do an hour," he confirmed, "Any more'n that, they'll 'ave to call a f***in' ambulance..."

No comments: