Tuesday, November 18, 2008

It was muddy in 1985, too...


set20079
Originally uploaded by Dave Rownia

Stumbled upon this in Flickr after following links from the highly addictive site below - it's Martin's SuperVega at Glastonbury, the year we all tried to become freelance beer entrepeneurs! It didn't work out so well, as we broke the cardinal rule about getting 'high on your own supply', and also got taxed by the Angels, who were the 'official licencees'. Well, we weren't about to argue with them...
At the end of the festival we had to be towed out, and as I was the most susceptible to suggestion due to the various chemical inbalances in my brain at the time, I was sent under the bus with a towrope and an earnest plea from Martin to Not Attach It To The Front Axle! After lying in the mud giggling for a while, I attached it to the front axle & swam out.
Amazingly we made it off site relatively intact, barring an unfortunate incident with a sidepanel - I don't think Martin stopped shaking for days, though.

http://www.ukrockfestivals.com/

2 comments:

Lola said...

Just spent a nostalgic ten minutes at Reading 1983. Those were the days. I didn't take my contact lenses out for three days.

Nowadays my back aches if I try to sit on the floor - I've got one of those pathetic folding chairs for festivals, not that they ever bloody happen, got cancelled two years running due to bloody weather.

slylittlei said...

Yep, it's getting so I can't remember a dry one - fingers crossed for 2009...