Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Mr Wolfs, Bristol


A benefit this one, for the Rainbow Centre for children - nice to feel that a night of loud music & vile debauchery is actually doing someone good for a change. Nearly didn't get off the ground though, as the house PA is strewn all over the floor in bits when we arrive... happily the PA equivalent of a paramedic is on the case, and quickly has it back together again with only a few bits left over.
The support band (whose name I didn't catch) are a lovely bunch of young chaps - about ten of them I think, but it was difficult to count as they wouldn't stop moving - and they certainly made a lot of noise. Really a lot.
When they'd done their thing (and we'd retrieved Nick from the pub down the road), we set to with a will and took the opportunity to try out some new stuff we've been working on, which seemed to go down well. As always in this venue, it doesn't fill up until late, but by the time we're done the joint is, if not exactly jumping, at least hopping from one foot to the other - not bad for a Thursday night.
Thanks again to Grekken for the photos, which as ever we fell upon greedily in the hope of finding any that make us look younger... any chance of smearing a bit of vaseline on the lens next time?! Either that, or it's time to break out the Grecian 2000...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! Yes, I promise I will use the "soft focus" next time! And I know a few people who are dab hands at the photoshop, so it's all good!
And I'll have you know that I kept an eye on Nick and his mate and made sure they got back in time! I do wonder, if I hadn't gone to that other pub with them and constantly pointed at my watch, what you guys would have sounded like sans drums. I wouldn't even want to imagine! I expect my babysitting/PA cheque is in the post? ;-) lol
You guys were really great, as usual! The mates I brought along had a brilliant time and want to see you again.

slylittlei said...

It could have been worse - we once had to physically drag our old drummer out of a pub 10 miles away just before we played...

Anonymous said...

Yeah! That sounds about right!

Anonymous said...

Oh! I need to work on reading comprehension. I just realised that you said OLD drummer! Maybe it's a drummer thing then?